Lake Williamson Christian Center is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Shift Cook. The Shift Cook will be responsible for preparing and serving camp and banquet style meals for groups of 20 to 1300 while always providing Exceptional guest service. The Cook will be responsible for caring for guests with special dietary needs and will assist the Food Service Manager in the supervising and training of general staff. We are looking for someone who can work well in a team-oriented Christian environment.
An attitude of service is required; and a friendly, professional, loving attitude is always expected.
- Must possess Illinois Certified Food Protection Manager/Cook License (Not Food Handlers).
- Provide food to meet special dietary requests of retreat groups.
- Prep, Cook, and Serve food for meals.
- Ensure all food meets Safe and Serve Food requirements.
- Maintain a Clean and Safe Kitchen facility.
- Follow all State and County Sanitation Codes.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. unaided.
- Report any repairs needed on equipment or Kitchen/Dining Areas.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize daily duties.
- Communicate effectively while focusing on a good, supportive relationship with co-workers.
- Must be flexible and available to work varied shifts and weekends.
- Display motivation and initiative with strong leadership skills.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner via appearance, demeanor, and language.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are now accepting applications for part-time staff to join our team. Departments include food service, housekeeping, lifeguard, front desk/activity attendant, maintenance, and custodial.
Any questions can be directed to the Lake Williamson office at 217-854-4820.
How to apply:
Download the application below, fill out, sign, and return to Lake Williamson using one of these methods: