Full Time Marketing Position:
Must have the ability to create advertising copy and concepts, assist with graphic and website design and develop social media strategies and create content for social media channels. Understanding of layout and design and understanding of marketing strategies is essential. Ultimately, you will act as our brand’s voice to impress our customers and attract new clients. Must be flexible, able to multi-task and work well in a team-oriented, Christian environment. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Creative Suite. This position includes full benefits.
A list of primary job responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Produce marketing copy for our website and magazine
- Produce and Manage our blog and resource catalogues
- Coordinating the design of promotional materials
- Advertising our brand and services on various media
- Craft and send regular newsletters with company updates
- Track ROI for marketing campaigns
- Manage all social media platforms and Respond to queries
- Gather customer feedback to inform sales and product teams
- Promoting our products and Networking during events
- Ability to train and lead part-time team members
- An all-round knowledge of advertising, PR and media
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to be creative and imaginative
- Familiarity with B2B advertising campaigns
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, like WordPress
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to organize a project and coordinate with a team
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Communications Specialist or similar role
- A degree in Marketing, Media Studies or Communications would be advantageous
Group Accounts Sales:
Individual would be responsible for booking groups at our Christian retreat facilities in Illinois, Missouri, Michigan, Iowa, Kansas, Virginia and West Virginia. Must have excellent phone and communication skills and have the ability to develop and maintain a large customer base. Must also be energetic, organized, and work well in a team oriented Christian environment. Experience with Salesforce CRM system a plus. Position would include clerical and administrative duties and could include some travel. Full-time position with full benefits.
Challenge Course & Zip Line Operations Manager:
Seeking an individual to manage all aspects of our adventure challenge courses and outdoor recreation. Applicant would be responsible for supervising day-to-day operations at our facility which includes aerial courses, rock wall, high ropes course and low initiatives, all beachfront activities including training and certifying lifeguards and beach staff. Individual must maintain budget as set by our director, have the ability to train staff, schedule employees and assist our Marketing Department in promotion efforts. Must also maintain all logs, files and reports relating to safety inspections, incidents and maintenance of the facility. Individual must be able to engage customers and resolve any customer complaints and maintain certifications of all adventure guides. Must hold ACCT Challenge Course Manager Certification or equivalent or must be capable of acquiring certification upon employment. Position includes full benefits.
Individual would be responsible for caring for the needs of our retreat groups while at Lake Williamson. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills, be energetic, and work well in a team-oriented Christian environment. Individual will be in charge of set up of audio visual equipment and meeting spaces to meet group needs and would be responsible for trouble shooting and solving A/V equipment issues. This position will include physical labor and lifting of over 50 pounds and moving extremely heavy portable room dividers. Hours and days worked would vary, including some evenings and weekends.
Phone Bank Specialist:
Opportunity for part-time, seasonal work in the marketing department. Days are Tuesday-Thursday, with weekly hours averaging at 18. Duties include calling churches, logging data into database, and looking up church information online. Must have good communication skills.
Part-time Positions Available:
We are always looking for helpful, part-time workers. Departments include maintenance, dining room, housekeeping, landscaping, adventure recreation facilitators, lifeguards (must be certified or take the class), and recreation attendants.
How to apply:
Applications available online via the link below or you can pick one up at our Activities Center. If you’re interested in employment at Lake Williamson Christian Center, you may send in your resume and cover letter using one of these methods:
- Fax: (217) 854-4840
- Email: BethM@LakeWilliamson.org
- Mail: Attn. Human Resources PO Box 620 Carlinville, IL 62626
- Submit Online: use the form below
If you have any questions, you may contact the on-site office at: 217-854-4820 ext. 4161
Download a copy of the Lake Williamson application here: